Yay! Another Blog!

Word potpourri

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fanny Farmer is My New Best Friend

Yes. It's true. I think my Fanny Farmer cookbook is probably the best investment I have ever made (and at $6.99, quite a steal!). After looking for a recipe online for several days, it occurred to me that I would probably find it in Fanny's plethora of wisdom. I made macaroni and cheese from scratch tonight, and it was really yummy. If you don't have one, you should get one.
Here is all of my exciting news:
My sister FINALLY had her baby last night. It's a boy: Samuel Robert, weighing in at 8 lbs, 9 oz. And only 12 days late! :)
I just got my second acceptance letter to CSULA, so I will for sure be attending next quarter. (I had already been accepted, but I decided not to go this quarter, so I had to re-apply.)
I was nominated to be in the National Dean's List-apparently they have a book that's published every year. Only 0.5% of the nation's college students make it in, so it's actually quite an honor.
Needless to say, I'm pretty happy right now. :)

1 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Emmie said...

hey..u must be happy now.... congrats for all your success....I loved to know about the baby boy of your sister ... well i think i would too get a copy of the cookbook soon... well u can drop by My Blog sometimes too and let me know if u find it interesting...!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home