Yay! Another Blog!

Word potpourri

Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Little Birdy Told Me...

As I was getting ready to leave work tonight, the patients were just starting dinner. Rebecca (one of the therapists) came into the office, and said, "Um, there's a bird in the dining room...". I was like, "Okay - do you need help?" She said she's not scared of birds, but that she could use some help. I went into the dining room, and there was this little bird - I think it was a finch - just chilling on the windowsill. I closed all the doors except the front door, because I completely expected it to start flying around, but when I walked up to it, it just looked at me. At this point, I figured that it had flown into the window and stunned itself, so I grabbed a bowl to pick it up with. I got up right next to it, and started petting it, and kind of nudged it into the bowl. It hopped onto the rim, and I carried it outside. I didn't want to leave it on the ground, because I was afraid that Sylvie, the hospital cat, would get it, so I was trying to put it somewhere up high. It took a minute, but then it just flew away, so I guess it wasn't stunned. All the patients thought I was pretty cool after that. :) I must be a bird whisperer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home