Yay! Another Blog!

Word potpourri

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Quote of the Day:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage, "Mythbusters"

Jamie and I were talking about our ghosts today. (This conversation was preceded by watching the show "Most Haunted", which we both love, and which also scares the crap out of me.) He tends to have a lot more Unusual Incidents happen to him, but we have both experienced the activity in our house. When we first moved into this house, there was a lot of activity, especially in the kitchen; it was REALLY cold in there, and the door between the kitchen and living room would be open in the morning when I knew I had closed it the night before. As we filled up the kitchen cabinets, the phenomena decreased, but any time we talk about it, it starts up again. Anyway, when we talked about it this morning, we realized that we've both had the same experiences here: there are two entities, one an older woman, the other a man. The woman's name is Margaret, and the man's name is Ned, or something like that. I think the relationship was something like a mother and son; she was unhappy in love, and I don't think he ever had any romantic relationship. They both seem a little jealous of our relationship, but I notice that there's more activity when we're not getting along. Jamie is creeped out by the old lady, which I think is because she really loves this house, and knows that I do too, but he's not such a big fan of it. The guy creeps me out a little, but I like the lady. We're cool. :) (We had another entity when we first moved in that was occupying the carport, and made some really strange stuff happen to my car, but I think that was a more transient spirit. It's gone now.) I don't think that either of these people died here; I get the impression that this place was significant to both of them, and some of their essence got left behind.
Now, though, I'm really curious about the previous tenants of this house. I'm going to ask my landlady about it, but in the meantime, does anyone know how to research this?
Oh, and by the way, I'm really not into the whole ghost, spirit, paranormal entities thing. I'm way too concrete, and choose to ignore things that are too scary for me to deal with. In this case, they just made themselves quite obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home