Yay! Another Blog!

Word potpourri

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Food Meme

How do you like your eggs?
Soft-boiled; or scrambled, with cheese and ketchup.

How do you take your coffee/tea?
Sweet and white.

Favorite breakfast foods:
Not so much into breakfast, but if I’m going to eat it, I want something light, like fruit and a muffin.

Peanut butter: smooth or crunchy?
As long as it’s salted, I don’t care.

What kind of dressing on your salad?
Depends on my mood-usually Italian, Ranch, or Thousand Island.

Coke or Pepsi?
Generally neither, but if I had to choose it would be Coke. Pepsi is too syrupy.

You’re feeling lazy. What do you make?
Probably a frozen, microwaveable cheese enchilada from Trader Joe’s.

You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Pizza Hut, pan crust, extra cheese.

You feel like cooking.
Mushrooms stuffed with feta cheese and red onions.

Do any foods bring back good memories?
Watermelon always reminds me of sitting on the porch with my sisters on summer evenings and having seed-spitting contests.

Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Lemon loaf from Starbucks. I won’t go into the whole story, but it involved a cockroach.

Do any foods remind you of someone?
Taglioni reminds me of my grandma, because that was the only thing she knew how to make that was large enough to feed the whole family, so that’s what we always got when we went to her house for dinner.

Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Jello. Food that moves on its own is NOT okay with me.


What was your favorite food as a child?
Burritos. (Still true, actually. :) )

Is there a food you hated as a child but now love?
Avocadoes. They were too slimy then, but now I can’t get enough. It’s like I’m making up for lost time.

Is there a food you loved as a child but now hate?
Onions. I used to eat them raw while my mom was cooking, but now I almost never have them in anything (except for the aforementioned stuffed mushrooms).

Favorite fruit:
There are too many to pick just one-apples, cherries, red grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches… Yummy. :)

Favorite vegetable:
Spinach

Favorite junk food:
Cheez-Its.

Favorite between meal snack:
Not really a snacker, but if I’m going to eat between meals, it’s gonna be chocolate.

Do you have any weird food habits?
I eat the crusts off my sandwiches first-I start at the bottom, then eat the sides, then the top, then the middle. And if I eat more than one M&M color at a time, I have to bite them in half, so both sides of my mouth get an even amount of each color. I actually have a lot more, but everyone would think I’m crazy, so I’ll stop now.

How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
No spicy for me, thanks anyway. And I’m not really into Indian/Thai food as a rule-too much meat.

Can I get you a drink?
Lately I’ve been doing vodka tonics, but my favorite is a “What About Jackie?”; chocolate and raspberry liqueur with a splash of cream. It’s pretty much the awesomest drink ever.

Red wine or white?
Red, all the way.

We only have beer:
San Miguel Light.

Favorite dessert:
Find all the chocolate you can, and put it together into something cake-and-ice-cream-y. Then put some more chocolate (ganache is good) on top. I'll be licking the plate. :)

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Katy said...

You are definitely going to the wrong Indian/Thai restaurants. Those countries are primarily vegetarian, and you can get some really yummy dishes without meat.

Funny how so many of our food habits are the same, but the ones that are different are REALLY different! (Soft-boiled eggs? Only if you want me to barf!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home