Yay! Another Blog!

Word potpourri

Friday, April 28, 2006

"Howard! Howard Bannister!"

I was thinking this morning about inside jokes, and how weird they always seem to other people. I kind of enjoy using them around people who absolutely will not get them, and who then look at me like I'm completely insane. :) But then I started thinking about things that my mom and sisters and I say-just little quotes, or even just words-to each other, and they're so out there that I don't think I could even explain them to other people. Like if I walked up to my sister Meg and said, "George Hyler!", she'd crack up. No one else would have a clue what I was talking about. It's kind of funny. On that note, if one of my sisters can tell me the snotty thing that Lego Dave used to say when he got in trouble, I will be deeply appreciative. I've been trying to remember for like three months.
For anyone who is wondering, Jamie got the job at SBC. He's really enjoying the work, and seems to be very happy. I'm happy too, because this means that 1) I will now be able to afford to have a phone in my house, so I don't have to go outside to talk on my cell phone (bad reception in Pasadena), and 2) we get a discount on it. :)
In closing, and on the same note as the first paragraph, I'm just going to say, I know I'm different. But from now on, I'm going to try to be the same. The same as what? The same as people who aren't different! :) And for anyone who knows what that's from, you look cute in your pajamas, too. :)

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Katy said...

The main thing I remember about our Lego days was your little girl (two dots stacked on top of each other) who invented a car that ran on toothpaste and water. Boy, were you weird. Oh wait, you still are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home